Crime Victims Compensation Fund Program
The Commission decides compensation claims from victims of violent crime who have no other resources to pay for the medical, funeral, mental health counseling, and dental or corrective lens expenses resulting from the crime. Assistance can also include lost wages of the victim or loss of support for someone dependent on the victim. When awarded, payments are made directly to service providers or can be reimbursements to victims or claimants. The Commission's goal is to provide not only the above-mentioned assistance, but also to show empathy to crime victims during a particularly traumatic time.
FAQ's for Crime Victims Compensation
Crime Victims Application Information
- Please read the Claim Application Instructions at the beginning of the application before completing:
KCC CVC Application Form.
- Spanish Form: KCC-CVC Application (Spanish).
- The claim application information must be entered with black or blue ink, or typed.
- Enter all requested information for each section.
- If you need assistance in filling out the claim application, contact the Kentucky Claims Commission - Crime Victims Compensation office at 502-782-8255.